Please check our events page for a complete list of events and email if you have an event to add. All meetings are open to the community and new members are always welcome!
In an effort to keep our community healthy, ALL meetings will be held by phone/Webex until further notice about the spread of Covid19 from the Jefferson County Public Health Department. Webex links will be added to this list as they are scheduled
* Child Welfare - Working remotely on specific tasks related to the Maltreatment Prevention Plan for Jefferson County. If you would like to be a part of this group, please contact Amy Sciangula at email@example.com. The group will meet via Webex in December to plan for implementation of The Plan in 2021.
* Education and Juvenile Justice - Will hold a combined meeting on November 9 at 1:30 p.m. Join by Webex https://jeffco.webex.com/meet/asciangu or call 408-418-9388 to join by phone only.
* Health - Will meet on November 5 at 1:30 p.m. Join by Webex https://jeffco.webex.com/meet/asciangu or call 408-418-9388 to join by phone only.
* Heading Home - Will not meet in November. There are workgroups forming to address specific action steps. Please contact Kelli Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Human Trafficking - Will not meet in November. Human Trafficking 101 continues to be offered virtually with a live trainer or through the recorded training on the state Trafficking site. For more information, please contact Amy Sciangula at email@example.com.
* Prevention (CTC) - Will meet in November, watch for information regarding date and time.
* Jeffco Connections Executive - Will meet November 13 at 7:30 a. m. Join by Webex
https://jeffco.webex.com/meet/asciangu or call 408-418-9388 to join by phone only.
A Family Justice Center is coming to the First Judicial District, which serves Jefferson and Gilpin counties. More than 75 partner agencies will work together to provide coordinated services for victims of violence. Violence can include physical abuse, emotional abuse, harassment, threats, strangulation, murder, elder, and at-risk adult abuse, human trafficking, property damage, and child abuse.
Once open this summer, the PorchLight Family Justice Center (FJC) will provide comprehensive legal, emotional and critical support services for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, at-risk adult abuse, elder abuse, and human trafficking. The center will be centrally located in Jefferson County. The FJC will be a safe, caring environment that provides one-stop services and support. Criminal justice services, medical services, mental health services, legal services, and basic needs services, will be located on-site at the FJC to make it easier for victims and survivors to get help. We need to offer our community a kind-hearted, victim-centered home where victims, survivors and their children come first as they work through the healing process.
Visit the website for PorchLight, and their social media outlets, to stay up to date with fundraisers, calls to action, and opening details.