Happening In December
Please check our events page for a complete list of events and email if you have an event to add.
Child Welfare, Education, Prevention, and Human Trafficking will not meet in December
* Jeffco Connections IOG - Friday, December 13, from 7:30 until 9:00 in the Lookout Mountain Room at the Jefferson County Courts (100 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden). Please plan to join us for our 2019 wrap-up and 2020 planning.
* Health - Thursday, December 12, from 1:00 until 2:30 at Jefferson County Public Health (645 Parfet Avenue, Lakewood).
* Juvenile Justice - Monday, December 16, from 2:00 until 3:00 in the large training room at the Remington Building (11011 W. 6th Avenue, Lakewood).
* Severe Weather Network - Thursday, December 19, from 9:00 until 10:30 in the large training room at the Remington Building (11011 W. 6th Avenue, Lakewood).
* Heading Home - Thursday, December 19, from 10:00 until 12:00 in the large training room at the Remington Building (11011 W. 6th Avenue, Lakewood).
No Smile Left Behind is providing free dental care (for those with Medicaid or private insurance) on the second Tuesday, each month from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Jefferson County Human Services Building AND the last Wednesday, each month starting at 9 a.m. at the 4851 Independence Street (Wheat Ridge) location of Jefferson Center. Come drop by to receive comprehensive, kind, and professional mobile dental care. There will be no co-pays and no appointment needed. Dental care will be no cost for those with Medicaid or private insurance and there will be discounted self-pay options for those who are not insured.
A Family Justice Center is coming to the First Judicial District, which serves Jefferson and Gilpin counties. More than 75 partner agencies will work together to provide coordinated services for victims of violence. Violence can include physical abuse, emotional abuse, harassment, threats, strangulation, murder, elder, and at-risk adult abuse, human trafficking, property damage, and child abuse.
Once open, the PorchLight Family Justice Center (FJC) will provide comprehensive legal, emotional and critical support services for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, at-risk adult abuse, elder abuse, and human trafficking. The center will be centrally located in Jefferson County. The FJC will be a safe, caring environment that provides one-stop services and support. Criminal justice services, medical services, mental health services, legal services, and basic needs services, will be located on-site at the FJC to make it easier for victims and survivors to get help. We need to offer our community a kind-hearted, victim-centered home where victims, survivors and their children come first as they work through the healing process.
Visit the website for PorchLight, and their social media outlets, to stay up to date with fundraisers, calls to action, and opening details.